Thread: Cheap T5's
View Single Post
Old Apr 13th, 2002, 17:18   #23
Marcel

Dave,

Glad to hear you've become a T5 owner as well.

The problems you mention with the rear wash wipe and brakes were the same problems I had when I got mine.

First the rear wash wipe. If you look in the tail gate area, lift up the spare wheel cover and the small recess cover on the right you will find the plastic tube that supplies water to the rear window. This is supplied from the main washer bottle in the bonnet. On mine, the tube had become un-attached to the in-line filter and every time I tried to wash the rear window, it was filling up my spare tyre well. It is also worth checking that both the tyre well and the right hand side well is dry !

Secondly, the brake wobble.
I had that probvlem and looked into the cause both with my local dealer and on this forum, and my findings are :-

Apparrently, the disc size of 280mm is too small for this spec of car, especially an automatic, is should be nearer to 310 or 320mm to dissipate the tremendous heat when breaking with warm discs. I have also been well informed that if the wheel nuts are not torqued down to 110Nm then the heat will dissipate through the alloy uneavenly and cause the disc to warp. This is a common problem on the 850's apparently !

The solution is to put either Grooved discs or prefereably grooved and dimpled discs ( but NOT cross drilled, these crack in no time at all ) and torque wheel nuts to 110Nm.

I put original ATE discs and pads on, at £80 for a set of discs and pads, from Eurocarparts and so far, (touch wood), no wobble.

I'm sorry, but I dont have a clue as to why the seat heater is not working, you might want to try and read the error codes from the sockets in the bonnet. If you aren't quite sure what or how to read them, give me a call because I have got a copy of the Volvo Pocket Data Booklet which lists all the codes and things ...... 01633 489060

Hope this helps a little,

Regards,

Marcel.