Thread: Engine 850: B5234T/2.3/20v/T5: - engine doesn't break'in after total dismount.....
View Single Post
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 23:15   #2
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by -THC- Khorne View Post
HI everybody !

i'f a french owner of a 855 t-5 AT summum, and last week i decided to change the main front seal of my engin crankshaft, until there, no problem...

so i managed to separate the automatic gearbox from the engine, then i replaced it by a brand new seal..... until ther, still no problem.......

then, i re-fitted all that little people in the right place and THERE, a little problem occured : the car doesn't start...

by this "doesn't start" , i mean everything seems to be normal, but instead of firing in, the engine make a no funny "pac pac pa-pac pa-pac pac pac paf pac pa-pouf" then stall........ instead of the really lovely "glou glou vrooooommm glou glou glou glou glou" ( T5 owner will know what i mean this boat-like sound )

sometimes, when i try to start the engine and push a little the accelerator, it goes very high in rpm so i switch off instantly...

so does anybody know what it can be ?

and is there a way to get a picture of the llittle hoses connected to the intake manifold ? ( from turbo/fuel pressure regulator.... )

thanks you very much poeple

( hope i can go to holiday in 3 days..... )
I would start by re-tracing my steps and ensuring all the sensors have been reconnected...
Did you clean the mated edges of the gearbox/clutch and block..You may be having earthing issues..Try setting up a hybrid earth connection to the block and box...

Attempt to read any MIL codes
Jod