View Single Post
Old Jul 26th, 2003, 17:53   #5
martinc

Default RE: swap fuel injection to carburettor

Hi all thanks for the advice. We have a f reg 360 GLE which has done about 152k and i spent about 4 whole days replacing the head gasket (did a lot of cleaning as well including the carb ha ha) Unfortunately it's still puffing out steam and using water. So i wanted a replacement car; a GLE, but a good one is rare. Then I saw a good GLT for sale and figured it would be expensive to run (5mpg less than the GLE) and naively figured i could swop the fuel injection for the carb. We'll see how it goes. I bought the one for sale at "Masters" in Durham with 44.5k. It looks like it came straight from the show room, the paint is in immaculate condition and the engine bay is spotless. However, it's very different to drive from the GLE. The GLE even now puffing steam is a lot more 'guttsy', I have to rev the GLT hard for it to go fast. Is this to do with the different cam i wonder? The engine is smoother on the GLT but seems to hesitate, ie the revs dont pick up too fast. I checked the spark plugs air filter leads and distributor all good. Probably needs a tune up. Now there's a mystery.
Regards