View Single Post
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 22:07   #7
capt jack
VOC Member

Default Red 240 Auto

For those who might be contemplating this car I hope this will be helpful.

In my quest for a new winter project I did go across the M62 last week for a closer look.

In the end I decided not to buy the car because I felt that the rust around the rear arches was a bit more than my limited metalwork skills could economically resolve. There was some rust too in patches along the drivers door step.

I can confirm however that the rusty patches aside, the car seems to be in pretty reasonable order. The engine fired up easily and ran smoothly, and the GL interior would spruce up very well.

For someone with the necessary bodywork skills this car would I think make the basis of a good restoration. Alternatively, as the source of a good low-mileage engine, autobox and running gear then this car would be hard to beat.

The interior is not particularly worn, just in need of a good clean, and everything bar the door pockets appeared to be present. The 'missing' rear headrest is in the boot and could be refitted.

I've no connection with the owner, or interest in the car, other than hoping that an enthusiast with a bit more bodywork ability than have I will be able to make sure this car doesn't end up being lost to the scrap man. The MoT runs out in December, so before then the car could easily be driven away.

Cheers

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote