View Single Post
Old Oct 10th, 2009, 21:07   #24
GregE102
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPants View Post
Yes I took it to another garage! Namely my local Volvo dealership who cost the same in total as the independant but sorted it first time without p*ssing me about for 1 1/2 years with a dodgy handbrake.

I haven't read it all but it does look a least like RT Mechanics tried to make amends to a degree, my garage just kept replacing handbrake cables whilst the 'warranty' on the crap caliper they fitted/badly refurbished my old one ran out (with me paying for the priviledge). Eventually resulting in a handbrake that kept ceasing on one side every time I parked. Only way to free it was to drive the car back and forth 5-10 times until it freed... This was after 1 1/2 years of binding rear brakes and 3/4 trips to the garage with the same problem (all whilst taking time out've work) until the caliper finally had enough. Binding brakes do not equal a pleasurabe drive, particually when I went to hilly Devon with a car full of people! Last time I took it to garage they said it was fine, literally 2 minutes driving away I smelt burning brakes...

Hi Andy

I am glad you have now found a Garage your happy with and they have resoled the mystery and fixed the problem, but don't make the same mistake as me and trust them 24/7 Keep them on your toes or before you know it you will have spent a small fortune, like me.

Regards Greg