View Single Post
Old Oct 11th, 2009, 15:30   #29
Laney760
VOC Member

Quote GregE102:

"All I want out of this are my expenses for the excess travel, any further over-charges for items which have not actually been fitted, and whatever it costs to have my car put back to a condition whereby I can continue to enjoy it – I don’t see how that’s too much to ask. I have been a loyal customer of RT Mechanics (just checked and in the last 3 years alone I’ve spent £11149.39 with Russ) who has been caused hassle and extra costs for a job that went wrong and I have been left out of pocket due to the incompetence and negligence of RT Mechanics. I am still not driving my car as I do not want to cause any further damage, until I can get it fixed. I’m sure you’re all aware of the way in which Russ publicises the work he has done to his own car – is it unreasonable for me to expect the work being done to my car to be of the same standard given I’m paying for it?"

Greg, you are not being unreasonable, it is their obligation both morally and legally to refund your expenses and return your engine to it's original condition even if this had been the very first work they had carried out on your car and you've got a very strong case for 'Small Claims Court'. I think you have been very good natured and patient, far more so than myself or many other consumers would have been

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
The Following User Says Thank You to Laney760 For This Useful Post: