View Single Post
Old Oct 13th, 2009, 11:13   #7
XC60Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
Did you ever get to the root of this issue? I found yesterday that when I was travelling at about the same speed as you suggest and I opened the driver window for a second the whistling was incredible - I have looked around and cannot see what might be causing it

Would love to know how your noise was cured

Iain
Hmmmm, that's interesting. Mine is on the passenger side not the driver's and audible when window is closed.

Can you hear anything with you window up? Putting the window down on mine at 85mph is very loud indeed but a roar of wind as opposed to a whilstle.

Unfortunately I live in london so don't get many opportunities to do 85mph. I did tape up the window seals as a test but whistling still there. Am going to go overboard with some masking tape and tape up the whole front side (and wing mirror) when next on motorway, if the noise is still there after that then I guess it may just be the profile of the car!

I've been working on the assumption that the garage have not put something back properly or something is loose but I'm not confident I am going to be able to find out what. I may have to live with it as I dread the thought of going back to the dealer after the last disaster with them.
XC60Owner is offline   Reply With Quote