View Single Post
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 02:08   #7
dj898

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
As a new member let me say hello to everyone and thank those of you who have helped me end up choosing an XC60 with your favourable comments on the car over the last few months...
David
Good choice!
When I was out for shopping missus's new vehicle after lengthy search I settled on XC 60 which was launched here in Down Under not so long ago. As it will be used primarily for taking our kids to and from school the safety was the big factor. Also having driven Volvo vehicle since 2002 she was more than happy to pick up another Volvo.

We ordered one thru our local dealer to the factory in Sweden and it took just over two months before it was delivered to our home by the dealer. The vehicle came with free three years roadside assistance & service as part of package but our dealer worked out the corporate package deal which extend that to five years. By the way this is the same deal we worked out with her previous Volvo vehicle. We also chose Volvo Insurance as its quoted price was lowest that we could find even including the extended factory warranty.

Was told that our vehicle was built to next year model specification since it was built after July and as such I was able to work out with Volvo to have the RES installed as the dealer option. If I believe what the service centre has told me this would be the first time RES was installed in XC 60 in Australia. By the way the model she chosen was T6 AWD as she hates the diesel and after the test drive I had to agree with her. For a vehicle close to 2 ton the diesel engine was simply not up to the task. As she ticked pretty much all the options in the long list of option the option alone cost me bomb but then again it's for our family so I just swalled and foot the bill including trading in my V8 Jag...

And as another new member let me say hello to everyone! ^ ^
dj898 is offline   Reply With Quote