View Single Post
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 22:47   #14
volvotuning

Simon,

With the exception of postage, we would indeed give you a 100% refund. That is a promise, which we offer to all our customers.

Another possibility would be for us to send you a pre-programmed ECU, correct for your model. Your car would then not even be off the road, so it's even more convenient for you. Then if you don't like it, just send it back and we will give you the full refund, as promised. The worst case scenario will be that the ECU upgrade doesn't provide substantial enough gains over the MBC for your liking, and you will have lost nothing except a small amount on postage. Since you are not coming to our workshop and therefore we will not be in a position to make any mechanical corrections to your car if it doesn't perform to spec, I think this is the best option for you.

Adam.

ps. I wasn't talking about detonation resulting in boost lowering or ignition retard - I was talking about the built in safe-mode, where the ECU sets the boost to a low psi value if there is some sort of problem which the ECU thinks is serious enough to put the car into safe-mode to prevent engine damage.