View Single Post
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 19:31   #30
volvotuning

Hi Simon,

Most of our "customer proof" is in the form of a phone call simply saying that they took the car to a dyno and were impressed that it was very close to the claimed power, with figures such as 300, 299, 303. One high miler managed 298 bhp. Some faulty or "tired" cars only managed about 270-280, with very worn turbos at 150,000 miles, air leaks, etc. All produced or exceeded the specified torque. More importantly, those that were subsequently fixed by ourselve did perform to spec afterwards. Even the stage 2 upgrade of 340 bhp has been confirmed by customers on independent dynos. Having said that, only a small percentage of our customers actually go on an independed dyno, because they're happy with the performance and don't see the need. Bear in mind that all the power claims are actually according to RICA Engineering themselves, and not simply invented by us.

Dyno sessions cost from £25 on a poor dyno to £150 on the best dyno. Remember that the RICA ECU upgrade is optimised for 98 RON and you will only achieve the claimed power with 98 RON. Also bear in mind that the size of the dyno fan has a massive impact on the power figures.

Should your car not produce the desired results, I would assume that we won't be given the opportunity to try and fix this, and therefore the money back guarantee is the only option.

Adam.