View Single Post
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 10:02   #14
rippedoffagain
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy View Post
i did .i used to get 34 with the small turbo but now i have the large turbo its doing more like 36 to 38 on the motorway and an average of 28 round town.mainly due to the turbo not kicking in till 3krpm .its all down to the way you drive the car to get decent fuel economy ,but dont get me wrong if i put my foot down i recon i could get it to 10 or less lol.
That's interesting. I'd love to get 36 to 38 out of my non-turbo. My driving style is somewhere between old dear and typical commuter. I tend to come up through the gears as early as I can, I rarely go over about 60% throttle, and usually keeps the revs below 4000 rpm. I keep my tyres well inflated and try to find a suitable cruising speed rather than constantly speeding up and slowing down, yet still I'm lucky to get 30mpg.

Does this mean my motor needs work do you think? I read on another thread how someone improved their mpg by replacing their worn out lambda sensor, and I once found the official mpg figures for the 940 which suggested they could do 38 mpg. Of course, the 700/900s are old now so they will have lost some efficiency, but it would be nice to get some back.
rippedoffagain is offline   Reply With Quote