View Single Post
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 08:47   #4
ABC
I've Been Banned

In response to why did I buy the Volvo wiring....Well a good reason was that it was half the price of the non Volvo kits ( £52 delivered from Simon at FRF versus £105 from PF Jones) but the following were equally important ...

1) No warranty issues with the Volvo kit
2) Visibility of the installation instructions in advance
3) No messing - Volvo kit is 100% plug and play
4) Included the new boot floor gromit pre fitted, 7 pin socket already fitted

Here are some pictures...

The first picture shows the fuse panel where the Volvo wiring plugs in. You can easily reach in and plug the kit in (and take it out) without removing the side trim of the car as in the Volvo instructions.

In the second picture you can see the towbar just above the exhaust pipes. It's closer than I thought but doesn't touch . The silver bumper is pushed down a little in the middle. I think if I cut the bumper back a little more it would sit level, but I might see a fraction of the towbar receiver. I think I will keep it as is.

3rd picture shows the cuts I made. I need to file the curved edge down a little more for my liking. You can also see that I have cut the ears off the red plug. This just meant I got away with a smaller cut than I otherwise would have had to.

4th /5th picture shows the towball in use. The towball has changed from some of the earlier pictures I saw (old design was round tubing). I prefer this style so was happy that this is how it came.

Fitting the towbar couldn't be simpler. Remove the red plug, and simply offer up towball and it just clicks in to place. Turn the key and remove.

To remove unlock, pull handle out 1/2 inch and turn and the towball will disengage and you can lower out.

I store the towball in the boot to the right of the battery.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (93.8 KB, 656 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (45.2 KB, 609 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (31.5 KB, 630 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (41.1 KB, 598 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (44.8 KB, 576 views)
ABC is offline   Reply With Quote