View Single Post
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 20:03   #8
AidanC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicVolvoShop View Post
Any idea of (precise) yearmodel? You say it was a 145 - was it for sure a 145 with back seat/rear seats?

I have nothing to it (at least not yet) - I just wonder if there COULD be some form of a "shaved version" for specific market or use.

(Taxi's/Police cars/special orders etc. all have very special features not always completely documented in spare parts catalogues).

I really regret not looking harder at the car - the main problem was that the car was on its roof in a bog - not the kind of place that you can get down on your hands and knees. The roof had collapsed also...

Here's a (not very clear) photo of the car:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scrawb/4377320162/sizes/o/

It was definitely an estate as it had a flat back - I've no idea about the interior. It had one round headlight remaining with chrome surround. The car had no door mounted wing mirrors (I was looking for the mounting plate) and was left hand drive judging by the position of the steering box. The only other thing that I know about it was that it had a cable operated clutch. Its hard to tell from the photo but it seems to have the recessed door handle (did the 140 models ever have the earlier type door handles like the 164?)

Sorry to know so little about it - I was guiding the engine + gearbox into the boot of my 245 so I was distracted

Edit: screw held hub caps and recessed door handles? There was no radiator grill left but the headlight chrome surround was attached to the headlamp or part of the same assembly in some way and didn't appear to have been part of the grill.

Last edited by AidanC; Apr 6th, 2010 at 20:14. Reason: More details...
AidanC is offline   Reply With Quote