View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2010, 23:17   #12
R-P
Master Member

Changed the leaking turbo nozzle control valve slash governor-solenoid (for a new one).
Maybe the pick-up is a little better (1900 instead of 2000rpm), but not worth the trouble, even if it IS more than wishful thinking.

I also bought (but didn't yet fit) the piece of rubber just before the turbo, but this should rather cause a problem at high revs, not low revs, right?

Will blank off the possibly still somewhat leaking front engine-pad too to see if that makes a difference and/or do some testing with the vacuum-gauge in place, but I don't think I'm getting much closer to the solution of my problem...

Just to see how much trouble I'm in I did some 0-100kmh tests.
They should be 11.3 seconds and I hand-clocked it at 13.1 (no revving, just release the brake and floor the accelerator) and 12.8 (revving the engine to 3k before releasing the brake).
So pretty slow, but not ridiculously far from the manufacturers specs. When assuming I'm loosing 1 second in the rise to 2krpm in first gear, the power above 2krpm appears usable and this would bring the numbers close to the specs. (Car's done 215k km, engine about 100k km)

Last edited by R-P; May 16th, 2010 at 23:21.
R-P is offline   Reply With Quote