View Single Post
Old Sep 24th, 2005, 09:19   #19
don kalmar union
Trader

Default RE: Standard spec brakes v big brake kit

I have sold a fair few sets of Black Diamond discs over nearly 10 years now, most for the bigger 5 pot cars.

During that period I have had just one complaint about a year ago from a local customer who had warped them within a week or so of fitting.

I gave the guy a new pair, returning the warped pair to BD for their judgment of the situation.

Their opinion was that the discs had been very heavily abused, causing excessive heat build up and distortion.

What did BD do...send me a replacement set free. Why, because it is a well run and honest outfit that has an interest in keeping its well earned reputation. I passed on their comments to my customer who accepted that he had not bought kit that would take such abuse as to cause the distortion.

Black Diamond do not make ridiclous claims for their product, neither do I

In conclusion, there are particular circumstances here with heavy, powerfull cars that have underspecified standard front discs.

An AP kit is the complete answer to the problem. Any other solution involving good quality standard spec. aftermarket components will make an improvement over knackered and worn parts.

Don.Norchi.

www.kalmar-union.com

TME software for serious Volvo Tuning.
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote