View Single Post
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 12:03   #6
940_Turbo

Fortunately when I pulled the glass out of the car all the window apertures were as good as the day the left the factory. The floors sills and outriggers are also absolutely perfect, and it was raher nice not to have to perform feats of upside down welding. Bits of welding spatter down your sleeves and in your ears should after all be treated as a special occasional treat, not an over indulgence.

The doors also were excellent, the filler you can see on the doors are minor parking dints, rather than rust. Especially the driver's door seems to have been opened frequently onto a low obstacle. The bonnet was also deemed fot for further service, but the bootlid was repaced with a perfect second hand lid. On the bonnet I took off the badge holes as it wouldn't be going back on.

I also took off the remains of the door mirrors. I'm still unsure which mirrors it will use. The new "Volvo" ones don't seem to survive ther first rain shower which for the price they are is unacceptable. I'll have a search round the boxes of useful spares, but I know I don't have any stud fixed ones like the car used to wear. Unfortunately both are broken and only the bases remained.
940_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote