View Single Post
Old Jun 18th, 2010, 09:58   #3
Oilydad
Premier Member

Quote:
The previous owner, put in a ford fiesta cd player and instead of buying an ISO connector, he cut the wires to the connector that would go into the amplifier, and used speaker wire to wire these cut wires (presumably to the speakers) straight into the back of the ford cd player....
Oh WHY do people DO this to cars !!!!! AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!

Some of you will know that I used to work within the Auto Electrical industry, manufacturing side, and I've seen more CAR FIRES caused by this sort of BOTCHING, than most of you have had hot dinners.

A pair of proper connectors would have cost about a fiver, and made the job easy and SAFE. But no, this MORON cuts all the wires, risking fire, shorts, and all the rest of it. It makes me SO angry that people work like this. Bodgit and Scarper Ltd.

What an absolute KNOB !!

Anyway.............Rant over......til next time.

There's quite a lot of information in the Volvo FAQ, which would be a good start.

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs...PDF/865001.pdf

This, in particular, should be of help. Have a good look at it, and as you get nearer to the bottom of the page, you'll find all the cable colours etc, and what goes where.
Good luck with it. Let us know how you get on.

Last edited by Oilydad; Jun 18th, 2010 at 11:04.
Oilydad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oilydad For This Useful Post: