View Single Post
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 01:08   #20
jasonb
In the mood for change!

Not yet, I'm sanding the panels, getting ready for primer this week.
Should get the front bumper in primer by Friday.
Will work on the rear bumper next. The r-design rear bumper spoiler needs a little repair but no big deal.

The roof spoiler has the first layer of top coat and will get to the next two hopefully this week before lacquer. I have the type 2 spoiler like the r-design/sport. I also have a type 1 spoiler from Germany which I'm toying with using. See item 350235913751 on the German ebay site for a similar example.
Has anyone installed a rear spoiler and drilled the fixing holes? Any advice would be wonderful.

Looks like the sport side skirts are glued/bonded on the under-edge.
Any suggestions of which glue to use? I'll use regular body kit adhesive as it should be sufficient?

When I'm finished, I'll have a spare S40 2007-> front bumper and a spare 2007-> rear bumper up for sale....plus the old bumpers. If any one wants something, please shout!

As for the wheels, I have Lenso 18" wheels with 225/40/18 tyres.
They're in black and look like a mulit-piece wheel with chrome rims.
Will sand them back and spray them with German metallic silver wheel paint.
I think black works well on black cars....but not my taste.

I put in some new LED's on the side-lights at the weekend. The last set only lasted a few months. This time I went for the standard 501's with the dual layer SMD's, wow I am quite impressed with the brightness. Looks great next to my HID conversion.

I'll post updates as I make progress.
Thanks,
Jason
jasonb is offline   Reply With Quote