View Single Post
Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 00:45   #10
mikeyskona
Premier Member

Thanks for all the advise guys.
I had a cheapo aftermarket MAF turn up today (i wanted proper Volvo, but i just didn't have the funds). ANyways. this seemed to massively improve it, but there was still a slight issue.
I checked the Post cat lambda (which was a universal titania job) and the wiring had been bodged. I redid that, and also replaced the spark plugs.
So. Aftermarket MAF, New Coil Packs / Leads , New plugs and repaired the lambda probe.

The Engine light and DSA light have now turned off and she is almost as she should be.
Except when i give her more than 50-60% throttle on occasion she really hesitates, and maybe a slight misfire but not sure on that one.

It does have some cheap induction kit on it, but i did not fit this, it came with the car. The car basically 3 days old to me and a nightmare already .. why didn't it play up on the test drive so i coulda walked away lol

None of the local scrappies have any parts (between Newquay and Exeter where i tried) for Any Turbo S/V40's. Is the airbox on the turbo uprated or can i use one from one of the N/A models?

I am wondering if the rest of my problem is due to that cheapy induction kit on the car... i'll continue trying, i spent all day on the phone to local volvo dealer and they were at a loss as well. especially now there is no Fault light showing :\

It also seems to be running a bit better on Texaco 95 ron fuel, i was running it on optimax since i bought it. Could this have any bearing on the remainder of the problem?

ta again.

Mike.
mikeyskona is offline   Reply With Quote