View Single Post
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 09:03   #5
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejay1 View Post
Don't wish to be pedantic but if its labelled D3 is it not 163hp?. Anyway, what was the in gear overtake like from say 40-60 in 5th and 6th and 50-70 in the same gears. Was it the SE or ES?

I'm very happy to read that the sound is similar that was a big plus point for me.
I think you are right. Either way, that would make it feel even quicker for "only" 163bhp.

The Germans & most other European markets don't have SE etc, they have Kinetic, Momentum and Summon. The latter being similar to the UK spec SE Lux.

This particular car had everything, except sunroof and leather. It did have power tailgate, sat nav and half leather seats.

It also had Geartronic but I would say that 40-60 + 50-70 without kickdown is very good indeed. From normal speed, coming on to say a motorway, accelerating up to say 80 it certainly felt every bit as quick as my D5. It's the higher end (above 4000rpm's) where it feels very sluggish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy.cass View Post
Don't like the lack of fog lights. Looks like somethings missing.
Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleman View Post
Yes the German spec D3 is 163 BHP and the chrome strip on the photo I think would identify it as an SE but German spec may vary to UK SE spec

German Spec link

http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/aktio...hmentId=684205
I think this one was the Momentum spec.
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NewVolvo For This Useful Post: