View Single Post
Old Jul 16th, 2010, 20:24   #14
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadTo2 View Post
Bizarrely, I have no button on the console. Active Bending Lights turn on/off via the options menu only. As does RH drive lights.

I have been turning the engine on/off setting lights on etc etc and it seems that there could be a software fault.

If I don't set RH lights, the engine starts keylessly with one press of START with the clutch depressed.

If I do set RH lights, the first press of START does nothing (except that sometimes I get a RH lights set message) The second press of START does start the engine, but when the lights auto level, they revert to LH lights position.

Does this happen to anyone else on a MY2010 XC60 D5 SE Lux Manual Diesel with bi-xenon ABL?

I fear a long series of dealer visits.
You are not going mad, but I could be.

I took the words of others on the forum as gospel, and apologised for misleading people - yet I was not misleading anyone therefore I need not have apologised

I too, do not have a button on my console and my lights act the same as yours, which is also the way I described in my original reply.

In summary, the lights do revert to LH Drive when you restart, therefore those who have had them remaining as RH Drive will have an issue when they drive the new XC60.

I therefore, having checked the operation on my MY10 d5 AWD Geartronic SE Premium rescind my apology and regain my sanity You can maintain your sanity and do not need to worry about trips and arguments with the dealer - your lights are working correctly.
wimorrison is offline   Reply With Quote