View Single Post
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 16:23   #29
definethelight

Hi Guys, This is all getting more and more interesting. Just had a call from the tech at Volvo (main dealer) asking a few more questions about the frequency off the 'smoking issue' even though he witnessed it first hand this morning. He said that he had just checked the DPF and there was only about 4-5 gms of Soot in there - Now the independent said the car pre-dated the DFP. I was Skeptical about this and didn't mention it here as I'd reat info to the contrary. The service manager at Volvo the other day said that I missed the DPF by 6 months. Now the mechanic with my car suspended in the workshop tells me that I do have one, and that he's just checked it's contents. zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Moving on, he did the same Injector Leak Off test, and found all to be even. The independent said that No.3 was leaking excessively. The Volvo chap - with no reason to doubt the independent suggests that there could be a faulty wire leading to the injector thus causing the intermittent 'leak off readings'. Aside from the injector, he enquired as to whether my car had received the latest regeneration update. I told him it had - and that it may be coincidental, but that's when my troubles started. He sounded curious, and checked the system to confirm the updates had been done. He confirmed that the car holds 6.5 ltrs of oil, and that had been revised to 5.7 ltrs to compensate for the reduced regeneration (his words). As mentioned by Bill - there is a possibility that the independent was unaware of this new specified level, and topped up to the good old max when he worked on the car last week. Volvo need to hang on to the car for further tests. They have also submitted their findings and suspicions to Volvo HQ for comment/suggestions - along with a short 'moody' video I did of the rattle and smoke from the car.
definethelight is offline   Reply With Quote