Thread: General - DPF problems? hmmmm......
View Single Post
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 14:33   #29
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
There is the same amount of bio-diesel in the 'performance' fuels as the other fuels.

There are some very good posts around in here that explain that all diesel is made the same and the additives for v-power, ultimate, excellium, etc are added by the delivery tanker driver when he fills up at the depot. I think that all diesel in UK is now ULSD and as it is the sulphur that causes the soot problems then all fuels will be equal in this respect. I agree that the detergents in the performance fuels can help clean injectors on an older car.

Never used the expensive fuel and never had any issues
Shell V power diesel is a bit different in that it uses the gas to liquid technology (it's made from natural gas) they use in their race cars. That's the reason you can't buy it at every Shell station as I think it needs a separate storage tank and one of the reasons it has a higher cetane rating and gives better mpg. It is designed to burn cleaner. Unfortunatly current EU legislation means they have to put biodiesel in it, as is in all diesel avaible in the UK.