View Single Post
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 12:32   #3
RobbieH
Two wheeled lycra lout

WRT to spares: take a full sized spare wheel/tyre if possible. If I'm right, in Germany for instance you have to replace tyres in pairs.

On my last trip to the French Alps we picked up a puncture in the rear passenger side tyre, bloomin' great screw. Only realised when we stopped to refuel and noted that the car wasn't sitting right. Never noticed anything whilst on the peage crusing at 80mph to that point but boy was the tyre hot, looked like it'd been on a track day.
Late afternoon on Saturday on the way home, just south of Reims. Luckily I was carrying a full size spare so just swapped over and carried on my way. I couldn't think of driving back on the elastic band skinny spare or of the hassle of trying to get a tyre repaired or changed given the time of day and the weekend.

In France the hi-viz vests have to be in the front with you (front seat pockets are good for that). Also, no speed camera detectors in France, they rather frown on such.

54 V70 D5 SE (163, EUIII) MTE, Eibach, Powerflex, IPD arb's, TWR FMIC, Ferrita cat-back.
RobbieH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RobbieH For This Useful Post: