View Single Post
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 09:23   #111
austenw

Just got the pistons to spec and order and then final build can commence

I'm using the standard piston as a template, building them up with chemical metal and machining them back with valve cut outs etc

Need to get the right comp ratio which will be the hard part with an intruder piston as it sits above the deck so it will be a little harder to measure the cc and because the valves and cams are so big the cut outs will have to be huge it is going to be a challenge getting the correct comp ratio but it is achievable

I was at OMEGA pistons a few months ago with a friend ordering some custom Audi 5cyl pistons for another engine and they were showing me the Volvo TWR touring car pistons as they had a spare set left on the shelf

Looked a nice piston but the crown height and bore were wrong for the setup I'm using

Once a template piston is made up its getting sent off to CP in the USA for a batch made up

I'm in no hurry as I have plently of other projects on the go at the moment to keep me occupied

I'm currently building a race jetski, race quad and a trike as well as a turbo motor

There all getting there very slowly
austenw is offline   Reply With Quote