View Single Post
Old Oct 26th, 2010, 14:09   #21
Afirmo

Smile Reply from Volvo ...

I just received the answer from Volvo Customer Support:

When you start a car, it needs a lot of energy from the battery. Not only to start the car but also for al the other electrical units in the car like radio, running ligths, navigation system, electrical heatings and ventilation systems, carkits, securitysystems, etc.
If you don't drive your car on regular base, the battery will lose capacity very quickly, not only in the winter period but also in warmer periods.
Driving less kilometers and short distances is mortal for a battery. A battery needs the chance to charge itself. This can only be done by driving enough and making longer trips.
If not the battery will never charge completely and you willl always face starting problems. This is nothing new, it has always been like that.
With the winter period coming, especially in freezing temperatures, the battery of a car can loose 50% of its capacity. If then the battery is not charged well, there is not much energy left to start the car.
So in a certain way it is true when your dealer says that you drive not enough with the car. Maybay they didn't express themselves properly.
It seems that your dealer did some tests with the battery and at that time they didn't find anything.

They are asking me to go to the dealer in order to check again the battery but surely they will find nothing and will say the same.
I appreciate your comments very much.
Afirmo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Afirmo For This Useful Post: