View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 02:42   #7
guitarman

Hi Gents,
It so happens I bought a certain arctic blue/black interior 164 on ebay recently, so your comments are most interesting....I can understand both points of view. I do think 164s are undervalued by P.C. magazine, £1750 is a bit of a laugh for a grade 1 car, one which appears to be gaining popularity in this country, as are it's 140 series brethren. Lets not forget how popular they are in Scandinavia and the Netherlands too. I'm considering eventually trading in my modern car for a 145.
However Captain Jack is spot on, quality and taste have little to do with classic car prices! Growing up on a diet of G.M, Ford and BL products I was amazed at the quality of my 164 and now realise why Volvo gained such a loyal following back in those days.
Another point i'd like to make about 164s is the interest they generate amongst people generally, people I know have been very impressed, odd to compare that with the very negative view of Volvos other petrol heads have. Still this just makes me appreciate 'The Beast' more!
J.J
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to guitarman For This Useful Post: