Thread: V70 G/box: 2WD: - Auto box jumping out or not shifting up
View Single Post
Old Dec 18th, 2010, 01:31   #1
jaffsdad
jaffsdad

Exclamation Auto box jumping out or not shifting up

I have 02-plate V70 diesel D5. Auto. This car often sits for days and occasionally 2 weeks without moving and though it's done 180K mainly motorway up to 160K and 18K in last 4 yrs. 2 weeks ago I thought it was a little sluggish up to around 35-40 mph, and in this recent bad weather it has had some wheel spinning to get up local hills. And has sometimes been very sluggish from start and not changed up until reaching about 30 plus mph. And twice it has also made a thudding type sound, which I am advised may be jumping a gear. Once warmed up and on decent road it seems OK. I can't remember if the gearbox oil has been changed since I had it. Which is about 4 years and 18K miles as above. I checked the level a few ago before starting and it looks to be over the low cold mark that says its OK. There is room to top it up ...SHOULD I DO THAT? The book says it’s ONLY to have SPECIAL oil that no local car accessory place sells. Must it be this special stuff?
Can anyone suggest what’s the problem is... a local gearbox shop (OAKDEAN) says they can test it for £30.00 but without testing will give no idea as to the problem .. ANY HELP PLEASE ALSO can anyone recommend a good gearbox shop near Nottingham
jaffsdad is offline   Reply With Quote