View Single Post
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 20:17   #23
darbs
XC60 Owner

Default the good, the bad and the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfromembsay
Woe betide him if he doesn't show.....
It really is a shame that some dealers don't know what service means, and when you're spending so much they should be as courteous as a waiter in a 3 michelin starred restaurant.

There are some good ones though. I was treated really, really well at Colindale Volvo. I think it's because it's showroom mecca round there. Every single make imaginable in a 1 mile radius. They know they've got competition. I tested them out too. Went in with jeans and baseball cap and asked to use the toilet without mentioning i was interested in buying a car. They virtually undid my flies for me.... would you like us to shake it sir? Of course, I exaggerate for comedic purposes, but I was treated well. I got very decent coffees, was shown the telephone bids my trade in vehicle was getting (which from research i knew were around the right mark), taken out on a test drive there and then, given the city safety demo. Also, shown cars from other dealers in the group they had in stock. I was even introduced to the manager, and to the guy who picks up/ drops cars off for service.

Try not to lose heart. If your dealer doesn't work out, you might want to try another until you get what you deserve.
82 Metro 1.0
darbs is offline   Reply With Quote