View Single Post
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 10:21   #18
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

There is a fair chance that engine will have the softer valve seats and therefore need a valve saver system to protect the valves.

There is another possibility that has not been explored as yet with Volvo engines but has been done with Subara.

The Impreza engine has hydraulic lifters as where the forester has solid lifters. The Forester is known to suffer with VSR but some LPG installers are changing them to hydrolic lifters and this so far has been successful in eliminating costly cylinder head repairs without the use of any oiler system. I would be keen to try this with the volvo/ford engine. I'm sure we would be seeing the same results as other dealers have with Subaru.

As to the T6 you have if you are wanting to convert the car I would recommend changing the lifters, but if you do not want to do that get a valve saver system fitted just in case. Either of the above methods should ensure the integrity of the valves and seats.

With the power output of the T6 you will need to make sure that you use a good installer and good quality equipment.
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post: