View Single Post
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 20:43   #150
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Default Windscreen aperture rust

There was a member asking about repairing the windscreen aperture so as I'm currently fixing mine I thought I'd post what can happen if you don't have a good windscreen seal and why if it is leaking you should get it fixed straight away. I'm actually a bit further on than the photos attached but my camera is at the garage so I've just posted what I've already saved and will give another update tomorrow of how things are progressing. This is a tricky area to fix as there is a lot of destruct to do before you even get to putting things back in and everything has to be made so is time consuming. I had to make a repair piece for the A pillar where it meets the windscreen aperture (will post pics tomorrow) and that was a tricky bit to make as it had several curves that had to closely replicate the original. Anyhow pics attached and these also show why I wouldn't be keen on any bodge fixes around this area. My stretcher/shrinker has been very handy making the repair sections for the windscreen aperture and I wouldn't like to tackle this job without one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3205.jpg (261.4 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3206.jpg (216.0 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3208.jpg (294.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3210.jpg (262.3 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3211.jpg (229.1 KB, 38 views)
Burdekin is offline   Reply With Quote