View Single Post
Old Feb 23rd, 2011, 23:27   #3
Gareth83

Okay that will be great, I am pretty good at DIY having done engine conversions, brakes, suspension, electrical works and so forth.

I am a bit concerned with the routing of th epipes, drilling holes in the bodywork and so forth. Will your kit include everything from hoses, to clips and so forth? Just need to buy the interface lead?

If it runs on one map then I may as well just go for the fully mapped version.

Will look forward to the email as this cash is burning a hole in my pocket lol

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
Hi Gareth,

thanks for the Text. I will email you details tomorrow for the system.

1) I'm not one to realy slag off other installers but there are exeptions and profess has been one of those.
I will point out that the systems I use are might not be the very best but at least close to it. Every installer will claim the kit they use to be the very best one out there!
The tinely tech system is the Bigas system. It has always been know as a budget system but works fairly well. My big concern with this system is that the reducer will most likely be beyond its limits with a remapped T5 as it struggles with a std one. The injectors are avarage but better than a lot of others out there.
Profess use stag.This system is a mix and match system so components are not always the same but the usual formula is stag electronics and valtek injectors with tomasseto reducer. All those parts are pretty much the very cheapest on the market. The ECU is upto the job but if they use the other parts as normal then the install will be a failure as the tomasseto vapouriser is not capable of the BHP and the injectors have a bad reputation for failing.

2) drilling the manifold is quite an easy part of the conversion. I use a special drill bit that makes the job easy on most cars and the 850/v70 has good acess. You will need to make sure you drill the manifold as per instructions. The most complicated part is the wiring. If you are handy with DIY maintanace then you will be fine.

3) V70 photos will be provided

4) The mapping is simple enough provided you phone me to go through the set up step by step. On your own you will struggle and that is the problem with most other diy kits out there - no support. The LPG will only run one Map. I've never converted a car with two maps before to see how the LPG responds from one map to the other.
Gareth83 is offline   Reply With Quote