Thread: Engine: 2.0 Carb B200K/B200F: - Solex-Cisac carburettor overhaul
View Single Post
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 11:45   #6
chesters6
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honestjoe View Post
Hi..I have the same carb as yourself..and although it has never given me any trouble i"m in no doubt that it is tired and running a little rich..I would try to source a second hand carb and refurb that so you always have the original should you run into any problems with the refurbed one..ie tuning/running..you could try carb cleaner to free up sticking throttle..not a lot of us here have this carb anymore due to its mysterious nature and associated pipework that can confuse the most experienced engineer..but i for one would be very interested to see the solex dismantled for a refurb as in time i will have to do this..but at the moment..if it is not broken..well..need i say more..best of luck to you...cheers hj.
i'm in the same predicament ,i darent try and overhaul mine because then living in a small village with no bus and no-one i can cadge a lift off if the project goes tits up i then cant get out for parts.One day another carb will come my way so that can be overhauled instead and swopped over.

it would be nice if a member could list alternative carbs and how to fit them instead of the solex.
ofcourse finding another carb is probably not just a case of bolting it in so the list would need to list everything needed for us handy but inexperienced errr fiddlers

Last edited by chesters6; Feb 24th, 2011 at 11:48.
chesters6 is offline   Reply With Quote