Thread: Engine cleaning
View Single Post
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 20:05   #6
terrywilde07

I used engine de-greaser, sprayed it all over the engine bay, I got through about 4 litres, let it soak in for a good 15 mins.. engine cold of course.. then used a cold water pressure washer to give it a good rinse.. blew off the water with an air line (advantage of working at my dads MOT/Service Garage).. it looked loads better at that point...

I then got a can of aerosol Tyre Shine and foamed up the entire engine bay... let it settle for 10 minutes and with a couple of clean rags, spent 10 minutes giving it a wipe over... it was as shiny as any show car I'd seen... I've got a couple of customers who took a look at it who show their custom motors and they were well impressed... all the hoses and plastics looked brand new... the whole engine bay stayed like that for a couple of weeks and it only takes 5 minutes to give it a wipe over to keep it that way...

I just avoided the Alternator by wrapping it in cling film.. never had any problems doing that way in 3 years & I do it twice a year..

Current: 05 Mercedes C55 AMG, 97(R) V40 1.9 TD, 02(51) S40 S
Past: 86(C) 360 GLT, 93(K) 940 Wentworth, 95(M) 440 Si, 94(L) 940 Wentworth, 91(J) 460 GLEi Auto, 98(R) S90 Executive II
terrywilde07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to terrywilde07 For This Useful Post: