View Single Post
Old Mar 27th, 2011, 22:22   #1
wooble
Stay gold baby!

Default Wooble's Mega For Sale / Wanted thread!

Right, I'm setting out all the stuff I need and want, and the stuff I've got laying around surplus to requirements in one big thread I'm linking from my signature, so I don't have to keep making threads which disappear to the bottom of the forum. I'll add stuff to this as I remember it or need it. Just a note - I work full time, including weekends and evenings on an irregular schedule, and I'm a forgetful bugger as well. so if you've messaged me and not got a reply, I'm not ignoring you - chances are I've either missed it, not got round to it yet or it's slipped my mind, don't be bashful about giving me a prod! Everything listed for sale is available for either cash in hand, Paypal, or trades for stuff I need. I don't post overseas unless you're a well-established member on here!

FOR SALE/TRADE

My Compomotive FH 3-piecers. These are EXCEPTIONALLY rare, and cost about £1500 when new. They're 5x108 and will bolt up to any Volvo. However, they are VERY wide - 16x9 front and 16x10 rear. The rears poke out from under the arches by a good 2 inches on my 240, so to run them you'd need to narrow them (new outer lips are available from Compomotive at about £130 a pop - I've been watching ebay for a year and found nothing). You could also fit wide arches to accommodate them if you were so inclined. On my 240, the backspace of the wheels is fine and they down't rub anywhere. The front wheels catch on the bearing cap of my 240 before seating fully, to fit them properly you'd need to spend 5 minutes with a dremel and deepen the centre bore by about 4-5mm. I paid £450 for these about 18 months ago.

I don't particularly want to sell them outright, but money talks. I would prefer a trade or PX for something that would bolt up and fit under my arches, and is 16x7 or 16x8 in size. See the wanted section below for ideas!

Specs:
Compomotive FH600 centres, 30 bolt style, 5x108
Fronts 16x9, 4" outer barrel, 5" inner barrel
Rears 16x10, 5" outer barrel, 5" inner barrel
One spare NOS 1.5" outer lip
Average to good condition, some lacquer is flaking in places on the centres. Front wheels are in good condition witn a few minor nicks and scrapes, rear wheels need a very good clean, and have some curbing around the lips. No bends or wobbles that I can see.

NIB Volvo electronic burglar alarm to fit 200 and 700 series. Would probably fit a 940, too, but it doesn't say so on the box as it was made before the 940 came out! Volvo part no. 1394704-9. New in box (box has been opened), with installation instructions for 240 and 740, operation instructions, warranty card, 2 magnetic alarm keys, and even the stickers to put in your windows! The alarm can be manually activated or set to arm automatically after the car is closed. One thing to note, in the instructions there is a reference to installing vibration sensors in the B-pillars, these are not present in the kit, or listed on the list of contents, I presume they're an optional extra not included with this kit. £50 posted, invoiced for over £300 when new (in 1988!)

Unbroken/uncracked door pockets to fit a 240. 2 sets available, blue and black. I'd prefer not to post these as they're very fragile indeed, but I will post at the buyer's risk. £30/pair. There's a set on ebay for £90 right now!

740 16v/940 headlight protectors. Average used condition, one has a rub mark on the plastic from the wiper which would probably polish out, and the other has a crack about 1" long in the dead centre of the lens. £30 posted.

A pair of known working headlight wiper motors from a 940, left and right. £15 posted each, £25 for both.

Full set of chrome side trims from a 240 estate, good condition. may be missing one or two fixing studs, these are available from Volvo for about £1 each. £30 posted for the set.

940 passenger side heated electric mirror, in burgundy but paint is shabby. £15 posted

5x 240 steel wheels. Fitted with 185R14C tyres, all of which are legal but none particularly good and could probably use replacing due to age. £15 each or £50 for all 5. I also have the plastic hubcaps to go with these wheels, in average used condition. Free with the wheels. I may or may not have the nuts to go with these wheels, I'll have to check.

52mm Volvo 3-bar oil pressure gauge and sender. This is for the earlier B21/B23 engines, but will work with B200/B230 engines with the addition of an adaptor bushing which is available for a few pounds on ebay. Sender looks old but works fine. Fairly rare, £30 posted.

52mm Volvo voltmeter. Has some small scratches on the glass, not really noticeable unless the light hits them right. Works fine. £20 posted.

With both of the above I can supply a fascia plate to fit the gauge under your dash clock for free if desired.

Set of 4 tan vinyl/leatherette stitched headrest cushions. good condition, came from an estate but I believe they'll fit a saloon. £35 posted (bulky!)

Enough 240 miscellaneous parts to fill a large shed. Most of it's junk, but you never know what I have. I know there's a brand new Bosal branded backbox and mid box in there, alternators, starters, at least one nearly new Nissens rad, boxes of trim pieces in tan and black, some late-style headlights, several viscous fan units, camshafts (T and M grind), and that's just what I can think of off the top of my head.

WANTED

940 'wide' radiator - As fitted to non-turbo models 1992-1996. Core dimensions 419x590mm. The newer the better.

T3 or T3/T4 hybrid turbo - I need something good for about 300 HP, with a T3 turbine flange and 5-bolt outlet flange. I'm looking for something of a decent quality, looking to avoid chinese junk.

3" exhaust to fit a turbo 240 - either full system or parts of.

16" wheels to fit a RWD volvo - Galaxies, Geminis, anything aftermarket.

Outer lips for 16" 30 bolt compomotive splits (as above) - 2" or 3" width.

Light-up 5-pin window switches from a 940/960, the ones with the window diagram on them - need three of these.

Any cool or rare original or aftermarket accessories for a 200-series - I've got most of 'em already, but cash is always waiting for the right stuff - I'm particularly looking for late style snow caps, green fog light switch and blue aux light switch

Thanks for looking!
wooble is offline   Reply With Quote