View Single Post
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 12:11   #23
r30ser
Wanting a Volvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welton View Post
I find the grey leather seats in my S40 T5 are not supportive enough for cornering and they're perhaps a bit narrow. I would expect the V70 seats to be bigger and more comfortable? Leather is not for everyone and can be slippy, too hot, too cold etc. I always thought the best compromise was half-leather/alcantara? for grip.

Here's my seats at 5 years old and there's barely a mark on them:

Volvo seats are very well shaped and tend to 'fit' you everywhere, you'll notice the upper part of the seat and headrests are very close fitting.

The ride of the Dynamic Chassis found on sport models and T5's etc with 17" wheels is firm....firm enough for you to keep a close eye on pot holes and avoid them. I'll be honest now and say that I'm driving an 05 Astra Van at the moment (with the T5 sat at home) and I'm really enjoying how the Astra just mushes through bumps and pot holes without a flinch. Anything with 15/16" wheels, squishy tyres and some suspension travel is a must if you want super-comfort on our rubbish roads. Having said that, on the motorway my car sits planted and very composed.

I suffer a bad back and can honestly say my seats have never given me any pain even after 4/5 hour journeys. It's just the bumps in town that bug me.

Thanks for the feedback.

Do you know if the seat quality is the same in newer V50's compared to those of your vehicles age?

The only leather seats I have looked at are the R-Design ones on an 2-3 year old vehicle. They did look quite worn. (maybe it was just that car?)

Any comments?
r30ser is offline   Reply With Quote