View Single Post
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 22:00   #166
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

I did a bit more on the scuttle. Drilling and ground out three rust holes and welded in wee repairs. I also replaced a rusty tab on the scuttle and weld in a new one. I then ground and sanded them flush. I then did some finishing on the welds on top of the scuttle and worked on the fitment. It's coming along and is pretty darn close now, just the right outer edge of the windscreen aperture needs to come up straighter I think. When I get it close I'm going to weld some tabs onto the windscreen aperture so I can properly fit the windscreen fit as it is very precarious doing this by myself and nearly dropped the windscreen on the weekend when trying to see how good the fit was.

The last bit I started before calling it a night was where the front edge of where the scuttle is welded on to the underneath section, this needs straightening from when I separated it. A lot of this scuttle has been done by eye and trial fitting the windscreen and scuttle etc so has been a fidly bit to get right but I feel I'm nearly there now with this bit. The next job is to repair all the holes which I drilled through into the lower section when drilling out the spot welds and there are a couple of metal tears that need fixing and then I'll give it a paint with POR15 before welding the scuttle back on. The good thing is all the rust is now gone in the scuttle / lower windscreen aperture. So very happy I did this as there was plenty of rust hiding away. A few pics of the scuttle, I painted it with zinc primer before calling it a night but didn't take a photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0062.jpg (204.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0063.jpg (267.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0074.jpg (191.7 KB, 22 views)
Burdekin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Burdekin For This Useful Post: