Thread: Brakes: 850: - Worrying ABS Issue - '97 855 T5
View Single Post
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 13:25   #19
Luxobarge
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerOfTheBlues View Post
Thank you. I'd say I can hold my own when it comes to ability.

I've recently shoved in a 7 seat conversion, which handily came with a steel space saver. I'll have to check, but I assume this will have enough space in the centre to get a hub nut socket through?

I have a breaker bar and large sockets, and a lot of personally supplied mass, so will have to give it a go.

It is ok to re-use the nut once removed? I assume it needs to be done up FT?

Finally, how is the ring located and held? is it just a splined ring?

Sincerely,
- Richard
Hi - yeah, space-saver should be OK, but as you say I'd do a quick check to make sure.

Sounds like you have the ability and tools - love the bit about "personally supplied mass" - same here!! Lol.

Yes, I believe it's OK to use the same nut, and yes, FT is right, I'm sure there's an official torque figure somewhere, but FT works for me, I doubt my torque wrench goes that high anyway, I've enough strength to exceed its limits as it is!

Check whether the hub nut is left or right-hand threaded - this can save an awful lot of swearing.

Don't know offhand how the ring is held on, others on here will know and answer that hopefully.

Do post back with how you get on - cheers!