Old Apr 21st, 2011, 21:25   #28
R-P
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserwill View Post
Was just wondering,

Will a motor for the rear wiper from a 2000/2001 v70 fit a 2003/2004 model

Cheers KW
It was changed from the wiper's resting position being to the left and then to the right. Or vice versa. And when it was changed exactly, I don't know.

I think it will fit, but I cannot promise this, as I am no expert. You might be able to find a working copy of VADIS somewhere and compare the ordering numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade555 View Post
I'm trying to find whats wrong with mine, I pull the motor out yesterday and it looks like is stuck, once you remove the metal casing you can spin the wiper and I'm talking about the motor casing where the bushes ect. are and not the casing where the plastic gear is, relay is clicking, washer is working so not sure what can be wrong, also when I dicided to strip the whole unit and fitted the coil in to the casing I could turn by hands is well so I was thinking is sorted baybe got a bit stuck, so I put the coil back in place then I put plastic part which have brushes on and back to the same problem you can't even turn by hand not sure if you would be able to understand what I'm saying but is this mean my motor is gone?
May be the language barrier, but I have a hard time visualising what you actually did, so here's some questions:
- can you spin the motor with ease once you remove the white wheel? I do not remember if you can even remove the white wheel without taking the motor apart, so if you can clarify this, that would also help (a few threads up I questioned this)
- did you take the motor apart completely?
- if so, did you thoroughly clean, rotate and lubricate the bearings of the shaft of the motor? They were most likely my main problem.

Last edited by R-P; Apr 21st, 2011 at 21:27.
R-P is offline   Reply With Quote