View Single Post
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 19:28   #24
capt jack
VOC Member

Default All is revealed?

Here for all to see:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Curiously, the mileage is 54-odd thousand, and not (and I quote) '52,000 yes 52,000 100% genuine'. The car is clearly not in (again I quote) "factory condition" as it has a thumping great whack to it's NSF front bumper that's also pushed the panel under the headlamp back.

The front number plate bears no dealer's logo, whereas the rear one does, which would perhaps lead one to think that the front end isn't necessarily as original as is claimed.

Oh and 'heated seats and mirrors etc'...what does 'etc' mean? It has heated seats and mirrors, period. Also it does not have electric windows as is claimed as in one photo the winder handle is clearly visible. Where else have the facts been embellished I wonder?

In the second-hand car game the rule has to be 'Buyer Beware', so if the seller's description clearly contains patent contradictions in it's first few words then most prudent buyers would sensibly give up at that point, assuming that with major discrepancies immediately apparent, then on the balance of probabilities there could well be some hidden surprises too.

Jack

Last edited by capt jack; Apr 28th, 2011 at 19:34.
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to capt jack For This Useful Post: