Thread: Amazon: - Amazon Estate Rolling Project
View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2011, 08:00   #49
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by asneddon View Post
It would be interesting if someone could measure the dia of the inlet manifold off an 'E' model, as that is what was on the E head from the factory. Also, are B18 inlet manifolds different to B20 ones?

The interesting thing is that I am (very) slowly doing the same kind of build at the moment (building a 2130cc with B20E head). I was just going to port match the manifold to head, but now you have me thinking.

David Vizard is great, but most of his testing is from the A series BMC engine. The 5 port design on that probably doesn't flow over to the volvo heads much I would guess.

Somthing else to look at if you are into porting at the moment. The SUs have some very sharp edges in the throat. I managed another 3HP on my mini by cleaning those up! Made more power than the trumpets and K&Ns together, and cost nothing. Don't touch the venturi, but when you look you will see the sides (comming up to the venturi) are pretty badly cast then machined. Just touch that up a bit.
Re-building the carbs this weekend is the plan so I'll check out the throat. The inlet manifold is nearly finished. Will finish it off tonight or tomorrow night. Lidl will be selling a port and polish kit from Thursday for £13. I'll go down and pick one up if they look okay.
Burdekin is offline   Reply With Quote