View Single Post
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 15:48   #54
Bchase

Default Another Woefull D5

I don't know if anyone is still mornitoring this thread. But if so I could certainly use some help!

My 2007 185bhp D5 SE with 140,000 on the clock has the pretty much exactly the same issues described by 'Definethelight'. Basically:

1. Once warm, you coast/idle for a period of >5 seconds and accelerate away. The longer the idle/coast the bigger the puff of white smoke that plumes out the back of the car. When cold or travelling at over 40mph steady driving no smoke appears. The car is returning a reasonale 35-37mpg on mixed driving.

2. The car seems to judder and be without turbo boost on and off. Particularly accelerating at around 2000rpm.

So far our local independant in conjunction with Volvo (same Volvo garage as mentioned in the thread) have changed various sensors and the inlet manifold pipe which apparantly was split. All to no avail.

They are about to launch a replacement of the EGR valve and control unit, followed by a Turbo replacement if that doesn't work. However before I had to remortgage our house I thought I'd jump on here and see if anyone could shed some light?
Bchase is offline   Reply With Quote