Thread: 240 General: - "One Day My Son...
View Single Post
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 21:54   #9
yragyrag90

JMZ, and I thought we really had something. We could have made it. But with parking like that! ;-)
Totally, leave the wheels angled toward the curb, but this is a situation where it's better to be obtuse.
Ha.

Yeah, I don't know. I think there'll always be 'classic' cars. And 'old' cars. I wouldn't consider the 240 to be either at the minute. They're older than most would go for, so they're kind-of-rare. (I'm talking of course about 'standard' 240's and the like, not obscure models etc.)

But at some point in their lives, cars become rare. It happened with the 'T' Ford, it happened with Rollers it's (in my opinion) happening now with 240's. They're building a fan base, and are becoming rare. It'll happen with things like the Vauxhall Nova and then the Ford Focus will be a classic... Hard to believe now but it'll happen.

What will be interesting will be when electric powered vehicles take over. Yes, it'll be many years from now, but at the turning point between oil and 'E' there'll be a huge breakdown of what is saved and what is lost.
I love my 240, and would hope to keep one forever. But if tomorrow oil was no longer available as readily as it is now, I know I wouldn't run one. Yes I would probably lock it away somewhere and keep it as a 'classic'. But I'm an enthusiast (in my own way). But that's me. (the 240 is my dream car, sad but true. Easy to please.)
For huge swathes of people a car is a car. And even for those who love their cars, space will be too much of an issue. Loads will be lost.

God, this got deep...
Er, where can I plug my 240 in?
yragyrag90 is offline   Reply With Quote