Thread: Spotted 240s
View Single Post
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 09:09   #10
BritinBG240GLauto

Default Hi James and your Reply

Excellent and there is me thinking I drove mine far. Ireland. I love my 240 GLT:thumbs_up
You sound as though you have quite a few cars Any other classics?

James

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply, open to anything so long as it is a genuine honest estate and auto 240 GL 2ltr or 2.3 and yes retrofit A/C would help otherwise.

I live/Retired in South Bulgaria and trust me it can get very hot over here (currently in the 40s as of writing this) hence A/C.

Been here 10 years and best thing we have ever done (80,000 Brits here) why because the roads are empty (just over 6 million people here total) and where we live fantastic roads as all new thanks to the EU funding.

So if you love cars/bikes as I do then it is a fantastic place to just drive, no road rage, beautiful countryside/wildlife, mountain villages where time has stood still and so much more, plus it very very cheap to live here with over 300 sunny days per year in the South.

Hence all of this is a major help if you want to have cars and drive/work on them (sunshine lol).

Currently have 4 Volvo's
1: 240 GL auto Saloon, 2 litre Injection, 1989 model, 152,000 miles in Red that was first bought by the then football manager of Southampton Mr David Merrington.
2: 960 SE auto Estate, 3 Litre 24V Turbo, 1992 model, 1 owner FVSH 90,000 miles.
3: 960 CD auto Estate, 2.5 litre 24V, 1995 Model fully loaded, 1 owner FVSH, 179,552 miles.
4: V70 T5 Estate, Manuel (has to be) 2006 Model, 1 owner FVSH (ex Police car).

Plus 20 other (non Volvos) vehicles ie: Mercedes 250 GD G Wagen 1989 Mint Condition and a Special one of order. Lexus LS400 1995, which I hold the record of driving from UK to Bulgaria (home) in 18 hours! And yes a very underrated car (have had her up to 170 mph). Journey was 9 Countries and 1617 Miles.

There is another way if anyone is thinking if driving to Bulgaria/Greece. Euro Tunnel to France then down to Switzerland over to Italy arriving at Ancona (East Port in Italy) then getting the Anek Ferry (18 hours sailing) to Igoumenitsa in Greece and then driving up to Bulgarian Border. But hey the time it took to sail on the ferry I was already home lol.

I have driven UK to Bulgaria and back etc over 60 times now and do the Journey now once a month, flying in to the UK (have an ex pat removal business as well) and either drive back in one of my Merc Sprinters with clients goods or getting one of my drivers to drive back and me drive a new vehicle purchase. That is why I have so many vehicles here ALL have been driven over including all of my Volvos along with ie:

Mini Cooper, Smart Car Project (Suzuki GSX 1000 Bike engine in, single seater like the Mclaren) and so on.

So as you can see I love cars (Bikes another time) and now want to add a 240 Estate to my other Estates, with other planned Volvo Purchase to come, Amazon, PV444 etc

Cheers M.D

PS: Have had 1939 Royal Enfield’s 350 Model G, to a Standard Flying 12 1938 to a Ferrari 328 gts to a Lamborghini Countach etc etc (Car and bike nut total). Working on many a project even ECO (now big ECO warrior and yes eccentric to a tee)
BritinBG240GLauto is offline   Reply With Quote