View Single Post
Old Jul 23rd, 2011, 09:52   #34
tsetse1986

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply. Tony Barrett has promised to send me some B20 ignition curve data to get me started. You are welcome to see this if it will be any use.

My Amazon is some way off being on the road. Took it round to my welder mate to get the rear arches sorted and found lots of cunningly painted glass fibre and a piece of roofing lead moulded to form the spare wheel well. I am no virgin when it comes to rusty cars but this one had me fooled! All said & done, it will make an expensive restoration but a good spares car.

Meanwhile, I had heard of a 123 GT that was mounded up in a garage locally. Went to see it and could just make out an Amazon shape under the piles of crap that had accumulated over its 25 year layup. It will be a major operation to excavate it but I could just get round it for a look-see. A bit gouty around the rear wheel arches & the spare wheel well is non existent but it has not been previously bodged like my old one so actually looks to be a better prospect! A deposit changed hands and I should collect it soon. Now I have to find someone to buy my Riley 1.5 to fund the project!

So, on to plan B - restore the 123GT and fit my rebuilt B20 engine and overdrive gearbox.

Cheers,
Tim
tsetse1986 is offline   Reply With Quote