View Single Post
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 12:03   #6
Lmason
L Mason

Default hi guys

i know what you are saying.
ive seen volvo s70 t5`s on ebay and other places for under £1k. but to tell you the truth, this car to me is worth far more than £1k. ive been using bangers as my main daily runabout, and when theyve gone wrong, me needing a car everyday, ive had to use the t5 as a backup car.
although im skint, £1000 quid will go nowhere to me, and if my bangers fail again, i cant take the dogs on the bus to get about.

so really, id rather keep it, ive got receipts over £3000 for repairs and replacement parts.

but you never know, someone else with another dog who does the same job might snap it out of my hands for £1950. if they dont, ill be happy to let it stand in my mams garage for the next 5 or 10 years, just taking out out for its mot every may.

its costing me nothing keeping it garaged, so i am not loosing out on it by keeping it.

i am however, loosing out on it if i sell it. and im pretty sure ill regret it if i sell it for peanuts.

as you all know, volvos are alot of car for little money, alot of people dont know this until theyve owned one.

you can get a volvo s70 1997 t5 for about 700 quid ive seen on ebay, but they are not appealing to many people.

so, by wanting just under £2k will soothe the pain and i wont regret it as much.

to me, its worth the same value of a new car, such as a ford or vauxhall. cos ive got the reliability to get from a to b and back.

some people think if they pay more for a car they get a better car, i dont think this.

i would describe a "better" car, or a "good" car is a car which serves it purpose, this one to me has and i know it still will, without being a money pit.

so there you have it guys, it can stay advertised till the cows come home, it doent matter to me.

this car isnt price to sell !!
Lmason is online now   Reply With Quote