View Single Post
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 12:14   #29
fenix4Life

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only with with those issues.
I have a VOlvo 26 from june 2011. It only has 5500 Km and it looks like only the first tank went smoothly.

What I experienced is the following:
-> In first gear it is sometimes (30% of cases) not possible to start slowly. It shakes heavily with rpm going up and down like crazy even if the pedal position does not move. (Note that I always manually remove the handbrake. I don't use the automatic unlock)
-> When the engine is cold it is not possible to stay in a one gear higher position when slowing down for a speed bump. As the nearest speed bump is only 100 - 150 meters away from my home I arrive at gear 3 but if I go over it shakes heavily when stepping the pedal again.
-> When driving on a high way @ 90 in sixth (around 1600 rpm) it happens that for no reason the car shakes. It started with 2 shakes when the road went up. I though, could happen. About a month later I had it for almost 10 - 15 km a constant powerloss with shaking when I tried to see if a little faster would make it dissapear. Only by slowing down at a traffic light and driving again at 90 on a different road made it dissapear.
-> Not a turbo lag (as turbo only kicks in @ 1500 / 1600) but shifting results in a drop of speed before picking up again. It just looks like an old automatic gear box.

I'll bring the car in this month. If needed they can bring it back to the construction place as it's just a next to it :-)
fenix4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fenix4Life For This Useful Post: