View Single Post
Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 08:05   #19
Quirrel

As a prospective buyer for a car this is how I am looking at your advert.

First - You are telling me how much your car is worth because of things you have spent money on. As a person who is looking into this type of car, I am aware of the ballpark figure for that age and specification.
It also means you have already set out in my mind, that you aren't really open for any negotation on the price.

Next we have the bits that have been fixed on it. It's great they have been and it increases my interest in the car knowing that I don't have to worry about some common fault areas and potentially a small increase in price would be in order, but what would you have done if the car hadn't had these parts fixed? It would be worth significantly less than book price.

Modifications - never really add value to a car. All cars have suspension, an ecu etc. If the previous owner modified them it makes people worry that it has been ragged, it now needs declaring to the insurance company and were they fitted properly.

Wheels though, can add some value, and you have lovely wheels.

The LPG kit, again is a great bit of kit, but again you are telling me what it's worth and challenging me to find one for cheaper than xxxx.
That makes me look at other V70s with no LPG and price them up with kits to see how much they are.

All of a sudden lots of cars become available.

Finally, the fault in the door, might be nothing to you, but to me, it's a fault I need to get fixed, which is money out of my pocket. Also makes me wonder what else hasn't been done because it was seen as not a problem.

You can read all that and think I'm a complete b***tard for writing it, but as someone on the hunt for a new car, that is my way of thinking. Might be unique, might not.
Quirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quirrel For This Useful Post: