View Single Post
Old Jul 30th, 2020, 21:35   #12
Joseph Martin
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw View Post
So I bit the bullet and took this car on at the end of last week - thanks Stephen, it was a pleasure meeting you!

I wanted another project car and that is exactly what this is - essentially sound but needs quite a bit of tlc and will keep me occupied for a while to come. I will start a thread in the appropriate part of the forum in due course.

It's interesting to see just how similar and yet just how different the 440 is to the 480. One thing I do like is the spacious engine compartment - without the different shape of front-end and with no air-conditioning equipment in the way there is soooo much space to play with!!

The "other 400s", ie 440 and 460, seem to be so unloved I fear they will become extinct if we don't start trying to save the remaining few, so this is my contribution to that exercise. Hopefully, though, it'll also give me a good and useable car in due course...

David
Excellent save, David.

I still have two 440s (a GLT 2.0i and a 1.9TD), as well as two 460 CD 2.0i's - one manual and one auto. All are projects, but you can restore a car which has sat parked up for years, but not one which has been crushed into a cube in the scrap yard.

Good to see another one saved...
S40 1.6 (x2); 440 1.6i
Joseph Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph Martin For This Useful Post: