View Single Post
Old Jul 23rd, 2018, 14:42   #6
phutyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtea View Post
A very expensive option I found was the below, does anyone know anything about this i.e. does it actually work and any negatives to be aware of (besides the price!)??
[/url]
A few people on the Facebook V50/S40/C30 group have installed it, but on-one has posted a comprehensive review. I think a couple of people experienced difficulties with parts missing and poor communication with the seller. The older (and almost as expensive) unit ran Windows CE, and had a lot of limitations from what I can gather. While you would hope that the Android version would overcome these, it's a lot to spend on being a guinea pig. The first Android units only started shipping at the end of April, so hopefully we'll start to see some updates from the early adopters, as it is the only complete ICE upgrade for our cars.

Edit: This thread on the FB group seems to be more detail from a guy that installed it in May, and seems happy. He had the old Win CE version before. I haven't read it yet all yet, so I don't know if there's much detail. Sorry, you need to be on FB and a member of the group to see it, but the group is a good and helpful resource for all things V50/S40/C30 (as this group also is).

Last edited by phutyle; Jul 23rd, 2018 at 14:56.
phutyle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phutyle For This Useful Post: